What are cookies?
The cookie mechanism is not used to obtain any information identifying users of our website or to track their activity on the web. Cookies used on UW websites do not store any personal data of users.
Cookies are used for the following purposes:
- adjusting the content of our website pages to the User’s preferences and optimizing the use of websites; in particular, these files allow to recognize the device of the Website User and properly display the website, tailored to his individual needs;
- creating statistics that help to understand how Website Users use websites, which allows improving their structure and content;
- maintaining the Website User’s session (after logging in), thanks to which the User does not have to re-enter the login and password on each subpage of the Website;
The Website uses two basic types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are temporary files that are stored on the User’s end device until logging out, leaving the website or turning off the software (web browser). Persistent cookies are stored on the User’s end device for the time specified in the cookie file parameters or until they are deleted by the User.
The following types of cookies are used as part of the Website:
- Necessary” cookies, enabling the use of services available on the UW websites;
- cookies used to ensure security;
- “Performance” cookies, enabling the collection of information on the use of UW websites;
- “Functional” cookies, enabling “remembering” the settings selected by the User and personalization of the User interface;
- “Social” cookies, enabling the sharing of information on UW websites with friends within social networks built around social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, etc.